Quebec City Fireworks

Search

Quebec City Fireworks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quebec City Fireworks

I posted this in a Montreal fireworks thread and received no response so decided to try this. We will be getting into Quebec City the evening of 11 August, the last day of the City fireworks at Montmorency Falls, after a long drive. We do not know the city. We are staying in the old port area. Is it possible to see the fireworks for free from the city or a bridge rather than going to the Falls? I would rather not buy a ticket in case we don't get there on time.
Thank you.
Old Jun 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can see the fireworks from the city, although it is a bit of a distance. When we were there last summer we went to the falls for a Wednesday show and then just happened to see part of the show on Saturday from the ferry when we were crossing the St. Lawrence from Lévis to the Old City.

Others probably can tell you where the best viewing sites in the Old CIty are. There really is not a bridge from which you could watch. One place you definitely won't be allowed to stop is along the highway that leads out to the Falls.