Reload this Page >

Quebec City All 6 days?

Search

Quebec City All 6 days?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Tami

Quebec City All 6 days?

My husband and I are arriving in Quebec City on the 19th of September with our 7 year old for 6 days. We want to spend time visiting the regions of Charlevoix, Baie-St-Paul, Bas St Laurent, Ile d'Orleans, and of course the historic city of Quebec itself. If we stay inside the walls of Quebec are we still close enough for day trips to these other towns/cities? Or should we break up the hotel locations? Also any suggestions for clothing this time of year? No shorts? Jackets? Please advise. Also any suggestions of names of good hotels and restaurants would be most appreciate it. We would like to do a whale cruise, Ste-Anne River Canyon Park, Museum of Civilization, and possible horseback riding. Any suggestions here? Thank you!!!!!

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Louis

You can visit Charlevoix from Quebec City.<BR>QC - Baie St-Paul: 70 mins drive<BR>Baie St-Paul - La Malbaie: 45 mins drive.<BR>However, you might consider staying over night in Baie Saint-Paul, because there is a lot to do/see in Charlevoix.<BR>Nice inn in Baie St-Paul is La Corbi&egrave;re (www.lacorbiere.com)<BR><BR>You can also visit Bas St-Laurent from Quebec City.<BR>QC - Kamouraska, via shore route 132: about 2 hours.<BR>Kamouraska - Cacouna: 1 hour drive.<BR>Kamouraska is a very nice place to stay overnight.<BR>Nice inn in Kamouraska: Le Foin de Mer<BR><BR>Wheater: Cool at night. Need sweater/jacket.<BR><BR>Ile d'Orl&eacute;ans, Montmorency Falls, Ste-Anne canyon: all within easy reach of Quebec City. (less than one hour)<BR>

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Tami

Louis:<BR><BR>Thank you very much! I have printed out several of your suggestions for visits on this site and we are planning our trip based on a lot of your suggestions!! Sounds like you could be a tour guide in this area!!! Thank you very much!<BR>

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Louis

You're welcomed Tami.<BR>I forgot to mention, if you have the time, Parc national du Bic (one hour past Cacouna) is really worth seeing. If you go, stop to see the church in Trois-Pistoles. The interior decoration is really something.<BR><BR>I really envy you to be going in Charlevoix, Bas St-Laurent and Quebec City. At that time of the year, it will be beautiful.<BR><BR>PS: The Michelin Green Guide for Quebec is an excellent resource for all of these areas.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Mitch

I highly recommend Montmorency Falls, which is located less than 1 hour drive from old town QC. Your kids would love it. Its actually higher than Niagara Falls.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Valerie

I second Montmorency Falls. Don't miss it. It's is really just up the road from Old Quebec City and is only like a 15 min drive at best.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Louisa

For your 7 year old, you might want to go to the Bee Museum which is close to Montmerency falls. I was there when I was young and it was fun.<BR><BR>For whale watching you should go to Tadousac. You can take cruises up that Saguenay from there to see the balugas.<BR><BR>Louisa

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Tami

Thank you all!! I am so excited I have already started to pack. We will DEFINATELY go to the Montmorency Falls and that Bee Musuem sounds very interesting. Will I be able to find directions or pamphlets on this attraction once in Quebec? Thank you!