Special Birthday in Quebec City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming over from Scotland to celebrate our friend's 50th next week-4 of us. We've booked dinner at Initiale and are staying at the Frontenac.
Would really appreciate any advice on what to do -what would make a really special day for a fun loving lady! Thanks in advance for any good advice!
Caryl
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 11:56 AM
BAK

Quebec City, at least the parts that are intereting, is a very small place.

You're already in the heart of it, at the Chateau Frontenac, and just looking out the window will tell you a great deal of what to do and how to do it.

The hotel is on the top of a cliff, so the view is good. At the foot of the cliff is the St. Lawrence River, and you should take the ferry boat to the other side, and back again.

The Lower Town, obviously at the bottom ofthe cliff, is full of narrow lanes, tourist shops and art galleries, great little restaurants, and so on and so forth.

Off to the east is The Plains of Abraham and an old Fort.

Mid-April in quebec City is not the optimum tourist time. It will be chilly, almost guaranteed, but the snow will be gone. Sort of Scot-like, (aside. Team Scotland just won a curling tournament according the the TV beside me)

Pay particular attention to eating; this is a gourment city, and you should enjoy everything you eat.

Anyway, you should find lots to do for a day or two, very easily, once you arrive.
Old Apr 9th, 2006, 07:23 PM

I passed over the first time because I figured I had nothing to say about a special birthday in Quebec City.

If your question is about what to see in Quebec City, I think you would get better responses.

I was fascinated by Chutes Montmorency on the eastern side of the city.

The falls are spectacular and there are places for viewing. A pedestrian bridge goes directly over the brink of the falls from one side of the river to the other. The view straight down on the falls is incredible.

I will say, however, that anyone who has a fear of heights should stay well away.
Otherwise, the view is incredible.

The Plains of Abraham was already mentioned. It, too, is worthwhile mostly for its historical importance more than anything else.

I think you might get a few more responses if your title was something like: "List your favorite places to visit in Quebec City" or "What to see in Quebec City?"

Old Apr 10th, 2006, 02:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much guys! Its still snowing in Scotland so might be better over there!
Caryl
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Ike

I wish you the best Sir but Initiale is not your best choice.......I'm an experienced North America traveler and dining is my hobby. I got up and left Initiale after I read their menu and go the early "non service"........I went back to Le Saint Amour for the 2nd night in a row.......please change your plans.........

http://www.saint-amour.com/