princess louisa inlet

Search

princess louisa inlet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
princess louisa inlet

will be in Victoria in late August...want to go to the Sunshine Coast and do a trip into Princess Louisa Inlet....Any ideas on a good place to stay,the best company to do the trip with or are there individuals who take tourist into the inlet...if so, how do you find them???
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM

The closest town is Powell River or technically Lund but it's a tiny village not a real town.

http://www.okeover.ca/ is a scenic place to stay in the area.

http://www.yknot.ca/ does area tours in a powerboat
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM

For Princess Louisa Inlet/Chatterbox Falls as opposed to Desolation Sound, I'm pretty sure you'd want to stay further south on the Sunshine Coast. Here's a website with tour information to get you started:

http://www.sunshinecoasttours.bc.ca/pltour.html
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 11:55 AM

Princess Louisa is on Jervis Inlet, and is South of Powell River, Lund is North of Powell River and is near Desolation Sound and Toba Inlet. You might find a place to stay around Egmont, Garden Bay, Pender Harbour or Sechelt. I don't know who does tours to Princes Louisa other than some multiday mini-cruises.
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM

I did a quick search on Princes Loisa Inlet and came up with http://www.sunshinecoasttours.bc.ca/pltour.html
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 02:51 PM

&quot;<i>Princess Louisa is on Jervis Inlet, and is South of Powell River, Lund is North of Powell River and is near Desolation Sound and Toba Inlet.</i>&quot;
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 06:39 PM

looks like Egmont would probably work best..considering Bathgate General Store, Egmont Marina Resort or West Coast Wilderness Lodge and would appreciate any insight about these..
I've read such great things about Princess Louisa Inlet...Not easy to get to and looks pretty pricey..Is it worth the cost and something that we should definitely keep in our itinerary???
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 09:23 AM

i thought it was a beautiful boat ride. we had some time on the ground near the falls. the old hollywood elite lodge up on the hill is amazing. would love to stay there somehow! i think it is a camp now.

we met a man who donates time there for the youth groups.

but this was years ago.

Old Apr 20th, 2008, 11:21 PM

We went to Princess Louisa Inlet in our boat in 2001. It is really beautiful. It would be nice to be able to actually stay there on a boat overnight to get the feel for being there. You are in a bowl of mostly bare mountains (basalt?)rising thousands of feet in the air, with waterfalls cascading downwards, including one really large falls you can take a short hike to. There is a little dock, and boats tie up or are anchored in the water. It is very quiet, very peaceful and very beautiful.

When we were there, we got socked in by a gale and had to stay a few days until the weather improved. Inside the inlet it was calm.

We were docked and our kids made friends with most of the other kids who were also docked. They went exploring in rowboats and kayaks. I'll never forget our 12 yr old son returning from a little adventure to tell us: &quot;Guess what? There's a family of seals living in this cul de sac!&quot;

After Princess Louisa Inlet, our kids stopped complaining that we didn't have a tv on the boat. They were exploring, playing with the other kids and making new friends, while the one kid with a tv on his boat was inside watching the entire time.