Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

prince edward county suggestions please?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 07:57 AM
canuck

we are going to spend Thanksgiving weekend in Prince Edward County..never been and will stay for 3 nights. Any suggestions for B&B's? Should we stay right in Picton? Or should we stay in one of the other little towns? Any suggestions on what we can do for our three day visit?

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:17 PM
Paula

My husband and I spent two days in Picton in April/01. On recommendations from a friend, we stayed at the Waring House and were very pleased. Its a lovely old inn and our room was quiet and comfortable. On the first evening we had a delicious meal in the Waring House dining room. For the second evening, we dined at Currah's on Picton's Main Street. I recommend both restaurants, perhaps giving Currah's a slight edge.<BR><BR>www.waringhouse.com<BR><BR>www.pec.on .ca/currahs<BR><BR>We particularly enjoyed exploring the shops of Picton and nearby Bloomfield. We also enjoyed simply driving "out in the country" as its a beautiful rural area.<BR><BR>I'm sure that Thanksgiving will be a wonderful time to visit. Have a great time!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:01 PM
Chris

Check out the website pec.on.ca for lots of great info. One restaurant we discovered this summer was the Hidden Bistro outside of Picton, very nice.<BR>Go up to Lake on the Mountain, beautiful view, especially if the leaves are changing. Lots of great B&B's, check out bbcanada.com.Have also stayed at Waring House and liked it very much.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 09:47 AM
sharon

Found Waring House to be a little expensive. Friends stayed at the Log House in Picton and liked it. You might try Bloomfield also. Be careful as some of the B&B's have 3 bedrooms and all share the same bathroom! Not my idea of a good time! If anyone has any current suggestions about B&B's, I'd also be interested. We're always on the lookout!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 12:10 PM
topping

topping...just found out friends are heading to Picton next weekend..any suggestions? etc.