Please Help...Restaurant in Halifx

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read through lots of Posts here for restaurants in Halifax. Consequently I have Made reservations at - Press Gang - Saltys - 5 Fishermen - Chives. I have one last night
with no reservation and really need help. There are so many good restaurants - can anyone recommend a good restuarant for our Last night in Halifax? Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 01:42 PM

Piper I don't have any suggestions for you but I'm pleased not to have to do big searches myself because you've given me a lovely list of restaurants here. Thank you.

If anyone has any suggestions for a good restaurant across the way in Dartmouth I'd appreciate a tip. I have to take a cousin out to dinner and she lives in Dartmouth so I'd like to keep it in her city if we can.
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Hi Timlin....Your post cracked me up. I can say that through my research I've selected MacAskills Restaurant in Dartmouth. I've read very good reviews and that this restaurant has the best view of Halifax across the harbour. Great Harbour view. You can visit their website and print out the menu. I think it's MacAskills.com. If not just google the restaurant name and location. It is in the Ferry building at Dartmouth. Menu looks great to me. Check it out. Also, you could ask your cousin if he/she has a favorite restaurant in Dartmouth that they love, but only go to for special occassions. That's what I do when visiting relatives in cities I'm not familar with. Good luck....hope you enjoy your dinner!
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 06:11 PM

Thank you! I'll go right now and check it out. We have 3 days by ourselves before my cousin is home and available to visit so we wanted directions for those nights. I think I'm set now.
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 05:03 AM

Check out Fid, Seven, Il Mercado and Bish.
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 03:41 AM

In Halifax I'd add to the list: Taj Mahal - superb Indian food; Opa - fab Greek; and Sweet Basil - small place with excellent prep of high quality ingredients and fantastic desserts.

On the Dartmouth side, I've heard La Perla is excellent (I've not been to it as I don't go to the D-side).

Enjoy-la!
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 03:27 PM

I find Salty's to be mediocre and overpriced. I have always had nice meals at McKelvie's in Halifax.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 03:27 PM

I should have added, Chives in an excellent choice, I am sure you will love it.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all who have replied. I appreciate your thoughts and time. Mazey, I will look into McKelvies as well. I'm sure not looking for a tourist trap! Thank you all again!
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Just back from 4 nights in Halifax. Press Gang is great; I'd skip Fid..very pricy and extremely slow service. We had a 7:30 reservation and got back to the hotel at 11:00. For a change of pace the tourist bureau suggested Opa which is a Greek restaurant, very good and more reasonable certainly than Fid. Press Gang, though, is worth it!
We stayed at the Marriott and Salty's is right there but had read some pretty bad reviews about it. Have fun!