Pearson Airport in Toronto

Jul 4th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Kim

Pearson Airport in Toronto

I am meeting my sister at Pearson Internation Airport where she has a layover and my family (including) children would like to take her out for dinner....Nothing majorly expensive but not McD's either...Any suggestions...close to the airport.

Thanks

Jul 4th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Maybe someone knows if this is still there because it's been a couple of years since I stopped there, but there WAS a Tucker's Market on Dixon Road near the airport. Very fun place to eat with various staffed stations, rather than a buffet-type format. I know there is another downtown and I think I saw one in Ottawa, too. It would be a great place for the kind of get-together you're talking about.

Does anyone know if they are still operating on Dixon Road?

Jul 4th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Susan

The Bristol Place (I think it's a Wyndham now) has a very nice casual dining area & great food. Also, the Sheraton Gateway @ Terminal 3 wld. be a convenient meeting place for dinner especially if your sister happens to be flying out of Terminal 3. The Sheraton used to have 2 dining rooms but the last time I was there (around Christmas) they had closed the more formal of the 2. I do not know if it has re-opened.

Jul 4th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Gil

The Tucker's Marketplace is still there and a bunch of other restaurants have also opened up right next door. You can take your pick. I think there's a Le Biftheque steakhouse as well. It's about a five minute drive from the airport. Just north of Dixon before Hwy. 27 on Carlson Ct.

Depending on how long the layover is, JJ Muggs at Woodbine Centre is also great. Plus Woodbine's got the indoor amusement park right above the restaurant for the kids. Woodbine's about 10 minutes north of the airport at Rexdale and Hwy. 27.
Enjoy!

Jul 5th, 2002, 07:38 AM
w

Many resaurtants along Dixon Road just east of airport. Tucker's Market Place is good for buffet dining. East Side Mario's has good italian. Or further east on Dixon is a Swiss Chalet (BBQ Chicken)and Pizza Hut for less expensive. All good for families with children