Parksville,BC-hotel recom

Mar 31st, 2004, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Parksville,BC-hotel recom

Im looking for a hotel to stay at in Parksville, BC. I would like it to be close to a kid friendly beach where we can go swimming (with 4 yr old girl) It'd be nice if it is a resort type..budget $100US/night

Thanks!
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:30 AM

I stayed in Parksville one night in September 2002 and recall that it had a large number of tourist accommodations along the beach. Here's a site to get you started www.hellobc.com/accommodation/index.asp?ct=y&
Apr 1st, 2004, 09:27 AM

Any of the resorts on Rathtrevor Beach should do.
Tigh-na-mara - cliffside condo-style suites & log cabins in the woods (probably on the expensive side), Gray Crest - more modern/electric-fireplace/condo-style cliffside suites. I've never stayed at either Beach Acres or Madrona Beach Resort but they have some units at beach level, which might be more convenient with a 4 year old.

I'm not familiar with the Best Western Bayside Inn but it might be worth looking into.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:11 AM

When I first read your question, I was going to suggest Tigh-na-mara as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there a year ago. It's in a gorgeous setting with very great condo or log cabin style units (rustic elegance) -- and it overlooks a beautiful tidal beach. The key word here though is "overlooks" -- with a 4 yr old in tow it would be a long trek up and down the path/stairs to the beach. I have a feeling the old "carry me" could be a frequent request!

Grey Crest is basically the same -- and when we checked out their facilities and we felt that some were rather in need of a facelift.

Look to the north of TNM -- cliffs disappear and you are in a walk out to beach landscape. If you google Parksville, Qualicum Beach etc. you should get lots of hits. You might want to have a look at the www.zapbc.com as well -- directly link to Parksville/Qualicum accommodations.
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info...