Search

Olympic NP - Where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Olympic NP - Where to stay?

Please comment!
We will be taking the coho ferry at 10:30 from Victoria to Port Angeles. Will have lunch, drive to Hurricane Ridge, do the <one hour hike there, which puts us at about 4:00pm, and then, as we have a sailing background, Port Townsend sounds like a nice place to visit and have dinner. However, we want to find inexpensive lodging, and Port Angeles didn't have much in that way that was available, after much research. Where can we find one of those clean, inexpensive places - Port Townsend, Sequim, or west of Port Angeles?
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM

I'd suggest reposting this in the Washington section of the United States forum.

What's "inexpensive" to you? You might want to give a budget or price range when you repost. I'd say in summer for a decent place it's probably in the $125-150 range. It would also be helpful to know what you've already looked at.
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

I'm looking for the $80-110 range at the most. I did post the same question on the Washington website just now! I've looked at Olympic Lodge, Five Sea Suns, BJ's Garden Gare, REd Lion, Inn at Rooster Hill, The Tudor, the Port Angeles Inn, and maybe one or two others that I can't recall. They were listed on frommer's online. Usually I can find a nice, clean place in that price range!
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Ok, yes, that's pretty low budget for the region in the summer months (I'm assuming that's when you're traveling). I'd say if you can find something under $150 you'll be doing pretty well esp if it includes breakfast.

I saw that you did post on the WA board so hopefully someone will chime in there.
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 02:06 PM

As a family of 4 we stayed at the Olympic Lodge a few years ago as a base for the NP - we actually added an extra day once we were there because it worked out so well (and we didn't want to leave the area!). Costwise, I've found there are great deals this year on city vacations as opposed to park/nature trips. Good luck!
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I'm finding some very good hotel rates in the city, though not anything fancy! I started to do the Priceline bidding, but became tired just reading through the "how-to's" of it, so I bagged trying to get good deals on the chain hotels. It takes some time to do that, and we're leaving early tomorrow!
I think the Olympic Lodge was booked, but I know I checked into it. We'll keep it in mind if something falls through.

Thanks all!!