Search

Nova Scotia- PEI-Newfoundland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nova Scotia- PEI-Newfoundland

Hi there!!

My boyfriend and I are going to the Atlantic Canada for 2 weeks. It is going to be first time in Canada and I am so excited. Our first week, we are staying in a beach house on PEI. Then we are going to explore Nova Scotia and Newfounland. Does anyone have any suggestions for cool places to see or activities to do? We are interested in kayaking, hiking, whale watching and of course eating lobster!! ;-) Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Stephanie
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 06:35 AM
LJ

I am thrilled that you are so excited and I don't want to do anything to spoil that. However, I REALLY do think you should limit youself to spending that second week in Nova Scotia and not try to go to Newfoundland as well. You will see by searching on this thread that a trip to Newfoundland could take all 2 weeks all by itself.

BTW, as one who spends a good chunk of my year in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, you will find plenty to do in that province to fill a week, including all your kayaking, hiking, whale watching and lobster eating.In fact, you can do all that in Lunenburg...but don't forget to go to beautiful Cape Breton. You could divide your time between the South Shore/Lighthouse Trail (2-3 days) and Cape Breton (3-4 days) with a day in Halifax in between for contrast.
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 07:21 AM

Couldn't agree more with the previous post about spending the 2nd week in NS. Save Newfoundland for a vacation all by itself.

Hiking, kayaking, whale watching - all can be done in Cape Breton. There are several trails in the Highlands Park, Pleasant Bay whale watching, lots of sea kayaking but you can also kayak on the Bras d'or Lakes.

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you LJ and Tanya for your responses. Do you have any suggestions of places we should go to while we are at PEI?

Also, we were planning on going to Newfoundland during our second week. Maybe we can plan another vaca and just go there for the whole time.
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 05:42 AM
LJ

Yes, by all means, save Newfoundland Labrador (NL) for another time. It is amazing.

You didn't say the time of year but,while in PEI, you must go and see their marvelous beaches regarldless of the season. And, of course, there is the famous Anne of Green Gables connection: the house is an interesting period piece even if you are not a fan.

Others will chime in with more specific ideas if you re-post with another title.
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 06:03 PM

Two summer ago we spent 2 weeks just in Nova Scotia - and we had plenty to do. Halifax is a fun college town, and Cape Breton was definitely the highlight. Excellent hiking, gorgeous views, lively music. We even went to Louisbourg, which is a bit out of the way, and loved it!
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. We are going from June 28th to July 12th!