Search

Nova Scotia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nova Scotia

Hi Everyone,
I plan to fly to Boston from Australia for a few days and then head to Halifax to do a Nova Scotia tour with 'Caravan Tours', a local company originated in Chicago, has anyone used them? I could then join another tour of Toronto, Montreal and Quebec with Cosmos tours taking the overnight train to Montreal from Halifax, Is this a worthwhile tour? I plan to fly to Seattle to follow to spend time with friends.
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 02:09 AM

I don't know anything about the two tour companies you mentioned. We've used Maxxim tours for a self-drive in Newfoundland and I believe they do Nova Scotia as well. I would certainly recommend them if they have something you want. You shouldn't have trouble travelling independently in Nova Scotia either. It's a small province , English speaking, lots of BnB's and the best sights, IMHO, are outside the major cities. It would probably require a rental vehicle though and driving on the right side of the road.

What time of year are you coming?
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I am looking at mid August 2014...have driven on the right side of the road around Provence, but was wanting to skip the hassle for a short trip...
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 04:38 AM

I know you Aussies take long trips once you fly overseas. We did enjoy a New Brunswick and Maritimes trip last summer with Grand Circle Travel. Left from Boston. I believe Caravan and also Cosmos are a familiar tour company names. We've been to Quebec some (son-in-law Montreal native).
see http://www.fodors.com/community/cana...-provinces.cfm
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:19 AM

Used Caravan Tours in Costa Rica and there were no problems!