Reload this Page >

Niagara Falls weather

Search

Niagara Falls weather

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 10:14 AM
caribtraveler

Niagara Falls weather

My husband and I are planning to go to Niagara Falls the first weekend of October. I'm sure Canada has experienced weird weather patterns like we have in the U.S. lately (warm when it should be cold, cold when it should be warm..).
Anyway, can you tell me what is the usual temperature at that time of the year?
Thanks in advance!

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Historically, average high is 15C (60F), average low is 6C (42F) with mean of 10C (50F). However, it can vary and the weather is geting weirder. The first weekend is usually comfortable and could even be "warm".
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 08:20 PM

We visited Niagara Falls in early October twice. Once it was a bit chilly throughout, sometimes warmer afternoons. The other time it was freezing one day and hot the next. Best bet is to check the ten-day forecast at www.weather.com just before leaving home. Still, you should pack for a bit warmer or a bit cooler.
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:22 AM

October is iffy because anything can happen from 80 degree weather to low 50s. The best thing to do is check the weather about a week before to see what kind of temperature ranges to expect. Dress in layer ... it most likely will be cooler in mornings and evenings.
Old Aug 23rd, 2003, 06:13 PM

The best weather website in Canada in my opinion is www.theweathernetwork.com - check it out - it tends to be more accurate than weather.com which is US based.
Early October could be a mixed bag - not shorts weather - but light pants, sweater, jacket - layer as the day will be warm but early am and evening cool.
Old Aug 24th, 2003, 04:17 AM

The weather network website is pretty good. I tend, however, to go to weather.ec.gc.ca, which is Environment Canada. I have occasionally had trouble connecting with the Weather Network, so that's a good alternative.