Niagara falls B&B

Search

Niagara falls B&B

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niagara falls B&B

Hi, am planning to go mid-September to Niagara Falls, and would like suggestions for a very romantic B&B with Niagara River or Gorge views or just beautifully manicured gardens. Beautiful chateau, or villa-looking exterior vs colonial or just ordinary housy preferred, with delicious breakfast. We will be needing 2 rooms for 2 couples travelling together. Also would like to know if it is better to stay closer to the falls or to town--or is the middle fine as well?
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Well I know that the original question was very vague, but after spending a few hours online, I would like opinions of the following B&B's that I have discovered.

Bedham Hall, Villa Gardenia, Villa Alexandrea(my favorite so far), Lions Head, Danner House, Carn Gorm, Butterfly Manor.

Has anyone stayed in any of these, or heard any comments about them?
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 04:43 AM

Have you considered staying in Niagara-on-the-Lake? It's a beautiful, quaint town about a 20-25 minute ride north along the river gorge from Niagara Falls. The town is full of inns and B&B's and is a popular destination as it hosts the Shaw Festival every year ... There are three playhouses that feature daily plays by George Bernard Shaw and others of that time. It is located in a very scenic location right where the river gorge meets Lake Ontario and is wonderful for stolling around ... nice shops & restaurants; two parks (one on the waterfront).

There are lots of accomodations to pick from, but I would highly recommend the Queen's Landing or Pillar & Post for nice inns (more upscale; the P&P has a great spa and both indoor/outdoor pools; the Queen's Landing has views of the waterfront). The Oban Inn is also nice. (Even if you don't stay there, be sure to stop into their bar/lounge in the evening.) The Cranberry House is a nice B&B.

Check them out at www.vintageinns.com. Also check out www.niagaraonthelake.com.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 06:26 AM

Here's another vote for Niagara-on-the-Lake. We were there last month for our anniversary. It is about 15 minutes down the road from the Falls, and it is a wonderful romantic victorian town. Lots of shops & restaurants and wineries in the area. We just spent one day at the falls and the rest of the time at Niagara-on-the-Lake. Check out their web site.

We had dinner at the Buttery Theatre Restaurant -- their Henry the VIII Feast. Lots of fun, lots of beer & wine, lots of laughs, and pretty good food.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

I also thought about NOTL, and it does sound like a better idea than staying in the falls area. These are a few of the B&B's I was looking over to stay in. Would appreciate any feedback if have any positive or negatives regarding any of them. (There are no vacancies for the Cranberry House or the Vintage Inns on the dates intended).

Arnica, Breakfast with friends, River Breeze, Chateau Gate, Graystone, Old Bank House.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 05:22 PM

We stayed at the Old Bank House. Very nice, walking distance to everything, across the street from a lovely park overlooking the Lake. Hosts were very gracious, great breakfast (a little slow, so don't be in a hurry).

Olde Angel Inn Pub is a great place for a pint -- many to pick from.
Old Jul 10th, 2003, 05:25 AM

maggyfe,

We passed this place several times. It is right on the Niagara Parkway in beautiful surroundings and may be right up your alley for what you are looking for. You might want to check it out. They have a nice website.

http://www.grandvictorian.ca
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Budman, I tried the Grand Victorian already and are booked. I just now called the Old Bank house and they are booked also.

Will still appreciate any comments on the others mentioned earlier..

Arnica, Breakfast with friends, River Breeze, Chateau Gate.

(the others are booked as well for our planned travel dates).