Reload this Page >

Newfoundland temperatures

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 05:05 PM
Jillian

Hi Folks,<BR>I'm traveling to Newfoundland mid-July.<BR>Checked the weather and it looks COLD!<BR>What kind of temps should I expect in July?<BR>Shall I unpack my shorts in favor of fleece?!<BR>Brrr!<BR>

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:51 PM
Gavin

You could need either, or both. I would definately have warm clothes if you plan (as you should!) a boat trip to see the puffins and whales. Pack a hat and gloves for this and hope you don't need them.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:35 AM
Jillian

Thanks, Gavin!<BR>Sounds like the weather can vary in extremes from day to day or point to point. I'll take your advise and bring hat/gloves for boat trips.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Christy

Well, one thing you can depend on is that you can't depend on the weather! July is generally a good month - we just came off a week of beautiful sunshine with temperatures in the high 20s. But next week could be coat weather again. I would definitely bring my shorts and t-shirts - that's what i've been wearing for a week! but I would also bring some warmer clothes, especially if you're planning to go whale-watching, which mid-July is the perfect time for!<BR><BR>Whatever the weather, you'll have fun. <BR><BR>Christy<BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 09:14 AM
xxx

Assuming Jillian is american, temps in the high 20's are in celsius. In American, that's quite warm.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Jillian

Thanks, Christy and xx,<BR>Newfoundland temps sound much like the rest of Atlantic Canada, and New England, for that matter, where I'm from. A few days ago it was HOT here, and now it's fairly cool. Hard to advise anyone with any degree of certainty!<BR>We're off in two days - whatever the weather, it'll be beautiful, I'm sure. Can't wait!<BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Christy

Jillian - how was your trip???????