Search

Montreal with baby

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal with baby

Hi guys,
We plan to drive from Long Island, New York to Montreal during late June to see the Jazz festival. We'll be travelling with our 6 month old son. Also plan to visit Quebec city and Gaspe. My concern is with the baby. Do you think it's a good time to travel with the baby ?
Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 13th, 2006, 11:07 PM

Would you not go if we think it is a bad time to travel with the baby? I am not sure what you want to hear..will you be bringing a baby sitter? or will you bring the baby to the jazz shows?
The drive from LI is probably 7 hours or so, we did it in 6 from Manhattan. (with few stops) so be prepared for a long trip.
June in Montreal should be gorgeous..we used to go in Aug or in the fall, I think June would not be too hot yet.
It will be crowded though.
Hope this helps some..
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 01:33 AM

My grandson has been travelling with his parents since he was born; he was 6 months during the jazz fest and attended quite a few concerts, he would doze off when needed, those strollers are so comfy.
My son and his wife took him to Vancouver for a few weeks at that age; they would take down time at the hotel and plan outings around his long naps.
Sometimes they would put him in the body carrier (baby bjorn) and other times in the stroller.
I think it's easier to travel with a baby that age than with a walking toddler who needs a lot of freedom,
which is the stage our grandson is at now.
They would also carry a blanket and take him to parks where they could lie in the grass to stretch and relax.
It's more work and organization to travel with a baby but people do it all the time.

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

I guess I wanted to know how other people cope with travelling with babies.
Thanks for the answers.
What are some moderately cheap hotels/motels in the $100-125 range around the jazz festival location ?
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 05:20 PM

the Jazz Festival is a wonderful event, but hotels are full, and have their highest rates of the year at that time. Properties which might otherwise fall into your price range will be about doubled due to the extreme popularity of the Festival. As compensation, some of the music is free . . .