Montreal with teens

Search

Montreal with teens

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2006, 03:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal with teens

We may be heading back to Montreal at the end of Aug. with two 17yr old boys. Which area would interest them more at that time of year? I have only been there in Jan. and we stayed in both old Montreal(which was pretty quiet then)and the Sofitel downtown. Is old Montreal lively and interesting for teens in August? Thanks.
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:35 PM

Montreal is a great place to see in the summer and the old Montreal is definitely the place where the action is. You will not recognise the place if you compare it to your January Trip. It is quite busy with lots of animation in the street and many activities in the old port.

In the old Montreal, there are plenty to see. I am sure you already visited the Basilica Notre-Dame, Place Jacques Cartier and St-Paul Street.

The old Port is very animated during the summer time. For example, Jet Boating is for thrill-seekers which, as a teen, I remember I was ;-) This is a 1 hour wet and wild adventure on the St.Lawrence River that you can jump on from the old port in the olf city.
http://www.jetboatingmontreal.com/english/index.html

Not too far from the old Montreal you can find China town which is a great place to walk around and taste some wonderful food.

If you have some time, about 30 minutes from Montreal, the International Balloon Festival of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu can be a lot of fun. At down or dust, when the sky is calm, you can fly in a baloon over the small town - can be costly. During the day, there are shows and animation.
http://www.ballooncanada.com/en/index.asp

Enjoy!

Elise
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Elise! The jetboating looks great-we will all want to do that. Guess I'll look for one of those boutique hotels in Old Montreal.