Montreal weekend in November

Oct 7th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Original Poster

Montreal weekend in November

Hello Fodorites,
I am travelling with a special someone and would appreciate suggestions for romantic dinners mid-priced, quaint cafes, bar/lounges, and unique shopping areas for the best handbags & shoes. We are staying near the Palais des Congrès de Montréal.
Thank you
Oct 8th, 2007, 08:25 AM

See my trip report just posted. We returned yesterday.
Oct 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM

We're going to Montreal at the end of the month. I've worked there a lot, but usually it's work, not fun, that brings me there. For this trip, we're planning to eat at 2 restaurants - Lemeac (where I've eaten before) and Au Pied de Cochon (where I haven't eaten before). Latter is my husband's choice, and it gets great reviews on Chowhound. Not sure how romantic it is - I think it's quite a busy place.
Oct 9th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Thank you ladies for your emails! If there are others out there that have suggestions please forward along ... especially for unique central shopping areas besides St Catherines and St Denis. VM
Oct 11th, 2007, 09:58 AM

For quaint cafes and interesting places to eat and shop, the Plateau area is the place to explore. If you start at the corner of St. Denis and Duluth, going in any direction will be many, small restaurants, shops, bistros, etc. A lot of them are byob.