Reload this Page >

Montreal tomorrow - snowboots?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Ellen

Landing in Montreal tomorrow AM. Just wondering about snow accumulation. Do I need waterproof snowboots, or just regular winter boots? Light snow expected all weekend. In NY, that means a few flurries-blink and it is gone. But what does that mean in Montreal? In a place that gets snow regularly, is 'light snow' just a flurry or 2 inches on the ground? Thanks!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Kate

Have a great time Ellen!<BR>I was there at the beginning of Nov and it snowed, but quickly turned to slush. I wore boots like I do in NYC. Black knee high with lug soles for anti-slipping<BR>Do you have your list of restaurants ready? Where are you staying?<BR>You are going to have such a good time!<BR>Kate

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Ellen

Thanks Kate. We are all set. Staying at Hotel Nelligan. Dinner one night included at Les Remparts. Have heard good things about that restaurant. The other 2 nights we are at Toque! and Milos. Can't wait!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 09:05 AM
kate

Aaahh- Toque, I love that restaurant! and you will like the waiters tooEnjoy!

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 10:15 AM
deb

is the snow very deep in that city,knee boots are really getting up there, and easy to walk in?

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Joel

Ellen, you will love all three restaurants and Nelligan. We went to Nelligan with the Remparts package and loved it. Try the veal. Visited Toqu&eacute; and Milos on other occasions. Toqu&eacute; was a long time ago, but Milos was recent and excellent. Try the crab cakes... best ever. If you have some time sit down at the Nelligan Atrium Bar, Verses, and try a martini with their Angus beef steak Tartare. Unbelievable.<BR><BR>Don't worry much about the snow. Light snow in Montreal usually means it will not last on the ground. Besides they are well equipped for snow there and the streets are always cleaned immediately. Have fun.