Montreal Questions

May 20th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Montreal Questions

I am planning a bachelor party in August in Montreal and need some info from all the knowledgable Fodorites:

1) What is the best area to stay in...I want to be near bars and nightclubs.
2) Any hotel suggestions that fit with #1?
3) Any restaurant recommendations that would be fun for a big group.

THANKS!!
May 20th, 2003, 08:45 AM

There are two areas to consider for nightlife: The St. Denis-St. Laurent area, which has many, many blocks of bars, cafes, and restaurants of every description. This area is a little east of the downtown hub, and has a more French influence. The biggest hotel in the area is the Crowne Plaza.
The other area would be downtown near Cresent St. This area also has many bars, Irish Pubs and restaurants. There are many large hotels in this area, like the Delta, Holiday Inn, Novotel, etc. There are countless great restaurants throughout the city. One I might consider for a fun evening with a large group might be the Jardin de Panos on Duluth St. near St. Denis. This is a big, noisy, casual byob Greek Place with great food and a wonderful outdoor patio. I don't believe they take reservations - so bring your wine and stand in line!
May 20th, 2003, 02:49 PM

Glorychamp-I brought up the restaurant list for you

Zootsi was right but I'm going to add a few places to stay: Best Western Ville Marie-super location downtown-1-800-361-7791 site is www.hotelvillemarie.com; www.hotelcantlie.com 1-800-567-1110;Chateau Royal Hotel & Suites on 1420 Crescent St-request room in "back" as it is a party street Brought up restaurant lists for you ok?
May 20th, 2003, 03:15 PM

For Patty: Have you ever stayed at Chateau Royal??? It is not necessary to advise folks to request room in "back" as it is a party street!
May 23rd, 2003, 09:27 AM

DJBooks, I never stayed there as I live here. All I suggested is that perhaps it "could" be noisy-anounce of prevention,that's all.

For tourists-you can get your tax refunded-please get form at hotel and keep receipts
go to this site
www.go-montreal.com