Reload this Page >

Montreal Wyndham and Holiday Inn Select

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 05:20 PM
khansen

We are staying three nights in Montreal on June 20, 21, and 22 this summer. Two nights at the Wyndham Montreal for $45.00 US and one night at the Holiday Inn Select near there for $40.00 US. Anyone have any comments or concerns about these hotels? Before we arrive? What sights are close that are "must sees" for most tourists new to the city and suggestions for restaurants for a family of four that are good fun and no dress codes (we tend to be very casual).

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:47 PM
xx

how did you get those rates, if I may ask?

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 11:49 AM
louis

These 2 hotels are centrally located. Wyndham is part of an office tower/shopping mall complex, across from Place des Arts. The HI Select is just a few blocks down the street in Chinatown. Both are within walking distance of the Old City and downtown core shopping & dining areas.<BR><BR>A good casual meal can be had almost anywhere in Montreal. I'm sure you'll find many just by walking around. Any taste in paticular?<BR><BR>

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 12:27 PM
zootsi

Sounds like a great price on both of these hotels. I would probably go for the Wyndham, since it's a little more central, and nicer looking. As far as inexpensive, casual areas to eat, I would reccommend the following areas:<BR>Duluth St. near St. Denis - Duluth is lined with inexpensive, byob restaurants of all types, many with outdoor terraces.<BR>Prince Arthur St. near St. Laurent - This is a pedestrian only street with lots of outdoor restaurants (byob). This is a very lively area with street entertainment on nice evenings.<BR>St. Denis - From St. Caterine up about 10 blocks, St. Denis is wall to wall cafes, restaurants, bistros, bars, shops, etc. Lots of fun to walk around.<BR>Chinatown - Montreal's chinatown is compact and safe with lots of inexpensive dining options.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:46 PM
4khansen

Thanks for the info, we were able to get the rooms off of Priceline.com. Try looking at www.biddingfortravel.com this gives you an idea of what the hotels will accept for bids.<BR><BR>Thanks!! Looking forward to our visit.