Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Montreal: Hotels in PLATEAU area all booked up!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... I'm surprised that many of the small hotels in the Plateau area of Montreal are totally booked up! For some reason, I didn't think Montreal would be so touristy this time of year.

Does anyone know about Hotel de Paris on Sherbrooke Street? It has a hostel part, but it also has a hotel part. It's inexpensive, but just want to make sure it's not dingy.

They are my last hope for this particular area... unless I go and splurge for HOTEL GODIN.

Thanks for your advice!
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 06:57 AM

The Hotel de Paris is a little on the dingy side, but in a nice location. It's hard to believe all hotels in this area are booked. Have you tried the Residence du Voyageur, which is just next door? A little nicer than the Paris, and inexpensive. There's always the Crowne Plaza, and dozens of b&b's.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Hi zootsi!

I have not tried Residence yet. I guess I was worried that it sounded very "hostel-y", but if you say it's better... I'll give it a try.

I'm at a point where I might end up splurging on Hotel Godin. I saw a bit of a discount on hotels.com

Also, I am dying to go out and hear some great music... a soul/blues singer would be terrific. If you want to recommend a jazz club. Better yet: If there is anyone who would like to meet up this Fri. or Sat. nightt (3/30 and 3/31)... give me a shout!

Cheers,
Betty

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 09:12 AM

Just fyi - the Residence is quite simple. Some of the rooms are small, and the showers are tiny. However the location is great, and the Asian gentleman who owns it is pleasant. Check the online web sites for the Mirror and the Hour for music and nightlife.
Old Mar 26th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Zootsi: I just received word from "Gite a la bonne heure" in the Plateau. It sounds lovely, and the rooms are very reasonable. Hooray!