montreal -hilton/sheraton?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please tell me which hotel is nicer (executive rooms) and which location is better for walking around to restaurants and public transportation to Viewx Montreal and city center.rates about the same.
Delta Montreal, Le Centre Sheraton or Hilton Bonaventure.
Also, will be there 5/22-5/25 and I believe 5/24 is a Canadian holiday - better to stay in Old Montreal? thank you!
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 06:00 AM

Hi, we hardly ever stay in such big hotels, when we did, we stayed at the Omni on Sherbrooke. We always had a Jr Suite that overlooked Mt Royal.
Now we prefer the size and service of smaller boutique hotels, which abound in Montreal..the choices are difficult, there are so many good ones.
Of the three you mention, though, I have seen the Hilton and think it might be nice, considering the location and grounds.
Old Montreal is a train/cab ride from downtown, which is where I prefer to be, more choices of shopping, restaurants, museums, etc.Old Montreal is good for a day or two at most, it will be extremely crowded in summer.
Good luck and have a great time!
Old Apr 10th, 2004, 07:42 AM
BAK

I like the Bonaventure Hilton better than the Sheraton, although both are fine hotels.

The Sheraton is closer to museums and downtown shopping, by a tiny bit. The Hilton is a shorter walk to Old Montreal.

All in all, locations are different, but equally good.

Can't help on the rooms, but my guess is they'd be pretty close.

BAK

Old Apr 10th, 2004, 10:16 AM

These are all big huge conference-type hotels so the rooms are pretty basic and cater to quanity rather than quality. I have stayed at all of them on business trips and they are unremarkable but if you don't plan on spending much time there it really shouldn't matter. I don't think I've ever had an executive room at any of them so can't speak for that. I agree that the Hilton is probably in the best location and its pool is very popular.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 01:31 PM

Stayed at the Sheraton last week. Typical Sheraton, recently rennovated with down comforters and plush pillows. We found the location convenient for walking around. Walked to Vieux Montreal 2x, as well as to museum area and restaurants. The subway was 2-3 blocks away-convenient for getting to the biodome. I thought the rate was good-$129CAD.
Old Apr 11th, 2004, 03:48 PM

we stayed at the auberge bonaparte in old montreal in jan. 2004 and it was lovely -- a great hotel with a fantastic restaurant. it was much nicer than any cookie-cutter chain hotel.
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 05:47 PM

We've stayed at the Bonaventure Hilton and liked it alot. It has direct access to the "underground world" which is truly another city! We walked to Vieux Montreal from the hotel and there were many restaurants in the area. Our package came with a buffet breakfast which we also liked.