Montreal Girls Weekend

Jan 11th, 2009, 08:38 AM
AMV
Original Poster

Montreal Girls Weekend

Greetings Montreal Experts. In search of your experiences and advice. Culture Vulture trio of a certain age planning long weekend in Montreal next autumn. Interests include museums, gardens, architecture, fine dining, shopping and possible spa activities. Ideal would be 2 bedroom suite with shared sitting room -- either nice smaller boutique type hotel or B&B. Budget of US $200-300 night. Would prefer location where we can walk to most locations or maybe take metro.
Possible lodging candidates include:
Alexandre Logan
Loews Hotel Vogue
Auberge Bonaparte
Hotel Nelligan
Auberge Les Passants du Sans Soucy

Appreciate any tips or suggestions. Also restaurant suggestions appreciated very much.
Thanks,
Winnie
Jan 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM

Anne Ma Souer is in the middle of a great section of Montreal. You can get a suite no problem. It is a boutique hotel with murphy beds, but comfortable and within walking distance of most everything. About 15 to 20 minute walk to Old Monteral as well. We simply parked our car for 4 days and walked everywhere we wanted. Lots of restaurants, shopping, etc. I would definitely stay here again.
www.annemasoeuranne.com
Jan 12th, 2009, 03:05 PM
AMV
Original Poster

Tanya, thanks so much for the recommendation. Their web site is a little difficult to navigate but it looks good.
Jan 13th, 2009, 07:45 AM

Our favorite Montreal hotel is Loews Hotel Vogue (I see you have it on your list of possibilities). It's a lovely, friendly boutique hotel in a great location -- walk to major shopping, restaurants and the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. Close to metro stations as well.
Jan 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
AMV
Original Poster

Thanks. It's great to hear first-hand from people who have stayed there.
a.
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Hi there

I've stayed in 2 of the spots you mention and would recommend both of them:

Loews Hotel Vogue - I stayed here frequently when I was travelling to Montreal on business. Rooms are well appointed, liked the quality of the experience; very centrally located

Auberge Les Passant du Sans Soucy - I stayed there many years ago and also think this is a great spot. It's more of a bed/breakfast/inn type of setting than Loews but again well appointed rooms. It would be much smaller than the Loews, nice set up for breakfast. Located in Old Montreal from recollection.

Make sure you get to Ave Saint Laurent at some point as there are some great jewellery boutiques "Argent Tonic" is one them; there is a great casual French bistro that was on that street, wooden benches, seating, believe on same side as Argent Tonic but unfortunately name escapes me

Enjoy!
Jan 15th, 2009, 03:49 PM
AMV
Original Poster

I am definitely going to investigate every suggestion. Thanks for your tips!