Search

Montreal - Best hotel w/ pool and jacuzzi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montreal - Best hotel w/ pool and jacuzzi

Hi all,
I'm headed to Montreal in 2 weeks and I'm looking for a very nice hotel that has a pool and jacuzzi. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:57 PM

Hi John, If you just keep scrolling there are "numerous" posts re hotels-do you want to be downtown or in Old Montreal? Please keep scrolling as I've said-there have been lots of postings. If not, just post again.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 05:54 AM
Lola

Look into the Sofitel on Sherbrook. New and luxurious, have no idea if they have a pool though. Good luck.

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:30 PM

John-Lola is right on! The sofitel is stunning with a top location to boot! They do give you FREE passes to use the pool right across the street. You'll love it and go on their website
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:27 PM

Is the Ritz-Carlton nicer than the Sofitel? Thanks.
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:09 AM

Hi
In my opinion, the Ritz has gone downhill some from the luxury hotel it used to be. The Sofitel is brand new and seems to be wonderful, although I haven't stayed there yet.
I am betting though that you will find a more interesting, young(at heart) crowd at the Sofitel. I noticed last year when we met friends who were staying at the Ritz (we stayed at the Le Germain) that most of the people coming through the lobby were very old.
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:37 AM

John,
There are lots of good hotels, and depending on what you're looking for (i.e., boutique, location, etc) you should be able to find something you'll like. The pool is the tricky part. The only hotel in Montreal that has an indoor pool (I don't think it will be warm enough in two weeks for outdoor swimming) is the Intercontinental, and it's more like a lap pool, it's rather small. I think the Loews has an outdoor pool that might be heated. The Intercontinental is a great hotel in Old Montreal, but this area is a little slow during the weekends.
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:55 PM

John K-please LOOk at posting inder Montreal Marriott hotels as I listed some more. The Cantlie(please look at post)has a rooftop pool, great location but is ok(not fabulous) but as I said the Sofitel is wonderful and will give free passes for the pool across the street. I don't know but perhaps the Omni has a pool also on sherbrooke st.
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:56 PM

excuse the spelling,please-in a rush
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone. I will be staying at the Omni Hotel as they have a heated outdoor pool and a jacuzzi. I'll report back after my stay. Thanks!
Old May 6th, 2003, 08:47 AM

Hi John!
You will probably love the Omni. We stayed there many times in the past, and before when it was the Four Seasons then the Westin!
They re-did the rooms a couple of years ago, the service is very good and you cannot beat the location.
We always got a Jr Suite with a view of Mont Royal, call and make a request, for at least a high floor on Sherbrook. It is a lovely view.
They have a nice gym, and if you like Chinese food, an amazing place called ZEN. It is sort of all you can eat but with style and good taste
Have a great time in a great city!
Kate
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
The Ritz is not that great EXCEPT I love the terrace dining with the little pond with ducks, very charming.
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:23 PM

I agree with everyone about the Ritz-it is no longer my favourite. The Omni is a great choice as well-you will enjoy your stay.