Montreal Accommodations Girls Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a group of six women in our 50's who take a five day vacation together each summer. We are planning to visit Montreal this August and would like recommendations on a hotel with suites in or close to the Old City.

We typically rent a home for the stay but were wondering if it would be better to just get a suite and eat most of our meals out. Does anyone know about the Candlewood Suites or can you recommend something? We know we'll probably have to rent two suites.

We will not have a car and plan to travel via public transportation and walking.

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM

booking.com good old town hotels with map honest reviews
The Gault for me last CandleWood more budget
ok not great Happy Hunting!
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 09:03 AM

My spouse and I are in your age range. We've stayed at the Embassy Suites which are nicely located right on the edge of Old Montreal where the downtown meets it. Bedroom plus small separate living area with pull-out sofa, small fridge and microwave, buffet breakfast included. We've also stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott, very similar, right in Old Montreal but downtown is still easy walking distance and the Plateau area is also (longer) walking distance.

Residence Inn by Marriott usually have larger suites, often with full kitchens and sometimes with 2 bedrooms, but I have not stayed in the Montreal one and the location is farther from Old Montreal.

I had not previously known the Candlewood Suites, their website says they are "new" and their location looks quite convenient.

There are a few very nice Boutique Hotels in Old Montreal that offer suites, including some 2-bedroom ones, but they would require a higher budget (unless all 5 of you could stay in one large suite perhaps?). You might investigate the Hotel Nelligan, the Saint Sulpice and others if these sound interesting (google search "Old Montreal Boutique Hotels" for others). At least one of the Boutique Hotels (don't remember which) also offers apartments in a separate building for multi-day stays. I have not stayed in these though and can't vouch for them although I've looked at the photos online and they look nice
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 01:37 PM

I always recommend Hotel Saint Sulpice in Old Montreal. It's a lovely boutique suite hotel in a great location. I'm not sure they have two bedroom suites but we've stayed there with friends, each in our own one bedroom suite.

http://www.lesaintsulpice.com/
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your replies. I'm forwarding your responses to the other ladies.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM

I've stayed at Hotel Nelligan and very much enjoyed it.
It's in the heart of the old town and an easy walk to many attractions.
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 04:21 AM

When we go back to Montreal our favourite is the Hotel Crystal:
http://www.hotellecrystal.com/en

All suites and we like the location close to Ste Catharine Street.