Reload this Page >

Mont Tremblant v. Quebec City?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Suerich68

If you had just a day & had to choose one, which would it be?

We'll be in Montreal for 3 days next week, have just one day for either of the above. Please help me decide.

Thank you.

Old Jul 7th, 2006, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Québec city for sure!
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 06:29 PM
ron

Hmmmh, a choice between an historic 400 year old city, unique in North America or a generic,late 20th century mountain resort. Tough one.
Old Jul 7th, 2006, 08:20 PM

We've done a few once in your lifetime trips, but Quebec City, tourist mecca that it is, is without a doubt my favorite vacations spot. I have been there about 8 times 7 of them in the summer, the last two times with my kids. Our most recent trip was this past Easter weekend when they were offering a 29 doallr airfare from Newark. It was a last minute thing. We went with our kids ages 12 adn 14 and had a blast. It deserves more than a day. I say don't do the old city in montreal, save it for quebec.

Some fond memories
Watching an eclipse from the promenade,
The year we took our bikes and rode out to the falls. This has been converted into a much larger attraction than it used to be.

The food, the food , the food.

Taking the funicular

Taking the steps up the side of the mountain for the first time at night from the promenade to the plains of Abraham and having no idea where they led to.

The midieval festival in the lower town.
Where else would you expect to find people in costume and have it seem perfectly normal.

The more that I think of it, bag Montreal-too much effort to get around- and just go to quebec where you walk everywhere. you will not regret it..

It is truly a piece of Europe in North America-try going to a shopping mall outside of the old city. No one speaks English!

Also keep in mind that it is a three hour drive from Montreal.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Suerich68

Wow, Ron, thanks for the snide remark, it was really helpful.

Rubigayle, that's the reason I'm considering Mont Tremblant instead. 6 hour drive to Montreal & want to keep remainder at a minimum. Thanks for your help.

Old Jul 10th, 2006, 07:03 AM

Ron is right though. Frankly, Mont Tremblant is to be avoided. The only reason it's (too) popular is its proximity from Montreal. If it's nature you're after, I'd go to La Mauricie park before Mont Tremblant (Tremblant park is nice though, the town is... ugh!)
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Suerich68

Jazz Festival in M.T. this week.

Worth a listen?

Old Jul 10th, 2006, 11:47 AM

It's a Blues festival in Mont-Tremblant. Went there only to listen to the World soccer cup this week-end and got tired of the music after 2 hours. And I'm a music fan!