Long Beach Resort Tofino

Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:45 AM
Beachgoer

Long Beach Resort Tofino

Anyone know anything about this place? Wickannish, Middle Beach, Cable Cove and others are full, so this seems to be my only option. Thanks.

Jul 4th, 2002, 01:55 AM
princess

Haven't seen the rooms at Long Beach Lodge - but I think I've heard they're style and price somewhere between Middle Beach Lodge and Wickaninnish Inn. Seems like a great compromise!

Good luck!

Jul 5th, 2002, 12:45 PM
nevil

It's been about 6 years, nice resort, basic cabins, BBQ's, no TV or anything, which is perfect. Bring some warm clothes, it's on the Pacific and gets chilly even in July. Lots of great camping on the island as well. Bottom line, Tofino is UNBELIEVABLE!

Jul 5th, 2002, 12:46 PM
nevil

oh yes, price was very reasonable as I recall.

Jul 12th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Dave

We just returned from five days in Tofino. Its one of our favorate places. Believe it or not we always stay at a Best Western! The Tin Wis Resort. Its right on the beach, all the units open to a beautiful beach and the prices are very reasonable. Its three star AAA. Our room had a kitchenette and fireplace and was only $200 Canadian. Its owned by the first nation indian tribe--its great. Also, if you are interested in bird watching at all, the local bird guide named George is fabulous, I would highly recomend him. The food is OK in Tofino, but thats not the reason to go. Its one of the most romantic places on earth in terms of pure beauty.