Llamas on Vancouver Island

Aug 12th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Llamas on Vancouver Island

We love llamas and I saw online that there are three B & Bs on Victoria Island near Sooke. Has anyone been to these farms? Is Sooke near Butchart Gardens?
Aug 13th, 2008, 03:53 AM

No I haven't been to the B&B's near Sooke on VANCOUVER Island, however Sooke is not near Butchart Gardens. Sooke is on the west side of the Island and the Gardens are on the east side. If you want someting close to the Gardens, look for B&B's near or in Sydney.
Aug 13th, 2008, 05:00 AM

Sorry that's Sidney not Sydney. It's also sometimes referred to as "Sidney by the Sea".
Aug 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM

Sooke, where I live, is about an hour's drive from Butchart Gardens.
We've had a close look at the llama farm/B&B in East Sooke, which is more isolated - it's slightly geographically closer to Victoria and to Sidney but because of the twisty access roads, it would probably add a bit to your travelling time. We were NOT impressed. The llamas seemed dirty and uncared-for, and the B&B didn't have a welcoming aspect to it at all. I don't know about other llama farms; I do know that when we were at the Saanich Fair last year (not far from Sidney) there were some lovely llamas. Their fur was shiny and soft, and they were very friendly. Their owners obviously took excellent care of them. I don't know where on the Island they came from, but it definitely wasn't the East Sooke llama farm. We took note of that at the time.
Aug 13th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. I must remember the names of the cities and islands I am referring to. I think we may skip the llamas. There are plenty of llamas all over the world and now I am more interested in the fabulous whale trips I've seen from Telegraph Cove. Will start another thread on this.