Limited Time in Vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Vancouver July 2 & 3, driving from upstate WA the morning of the 2nd, leaving the afternoon of the 3rd. We'll likely be staying in a B&B in the Kits area and will be taking public transportation. I would like to experience Robson St., Chinatown and Granville Island. Is this too ambitious? I know in such a short time it's difficult to experience the city, but I'd like to get as much of a taste as I can. Are there any can't-be-missed things in these areas?

Also, restaurant and pub recommendations in the mentioned neighborhoods are appreciated. We are budget-minded travelers but enjoy a good splurge every now and then.
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:21 AM

You should be able to see those areas and more in an afternoon and a full morning, especially if you like to walk. I'd also suggest spending some time in Yaletown and Stanley Park.

If you do decide to splurge a bit, a great bargain for an amazing restaurant is the prix fixe menu at West, one of Vancouver's best restaurants (it's in the South Granville area). If you are seated before 6 PM, you can get a fantastic 3 course meal for $45.
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:12 AM

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a Deluxe City Tour and/or a Double Decker/Trolly Attractions Loop Tour (Hop on-off)

http://www.graylinewest.com/vancouve...ing_tours.aspx

I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND you eat lunch at the Canadian Maple Delights (769 Hornby Street - across from the museum) and then get some gelato at Mondo Gelato on Robson. (I could eat at those 2 places every day and be VERY VERY Happy!)
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:26 AM

OOPS!

I forgot to tell you that if you like soup, you simply CAN NOT pass up the soup place at the Granville Market (the name just escaped me) Sooo Good! Everything at the market is incredible!

There is an awesome Fish N Chips place called Go Fish near the market (1504 West 1st Ave) that is worth a visit.

For a splurge, Vij's!!
Old May 7th, 2007, 03:30 PM

For a list of good restaurants/pubs, try here: http://www.travel--guide.org/Vancouver
Old May 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Yep, Vij's is fantastic as well. We had dinner there Sat night and spent the long wait for a table at the bar at West which is just a block or so away. I'm still thinking about the yummy lamb popsicles...