K-Mart

Jul 1st, 2002, 06:10 AM
Heloisa

K-Mart

Is there K-Mart or Wall-Mart in Quebec (city), Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto?
Thanks in advance.

Jul 1st, 2002, 06:55 AM
Pat

Oh gosh! Is this why you're travelling to Canada?

Jul 1st, 2002, 08:17 AM
robyn

Because they're likely from Brasil and probably don't have them there. And there's a possibility they're not travelling to the USA.

Jul 1st, 2002, 02:32 PM
Susan

Who cares? Just answer the question!
(I do not know the answer!)

Jul 1st, 2002, 02:53 PM
xxx

http://www.newswire.ca/releases/January2002/31/c7570.html
"Wal-Mart Canada unveils five new stores in Quebec"

Jul 1st, 2002, 04:11 PM
Brian Kilgore

K-Mart is dead in Canada, and has been for several years.

Wal-Mart has several stores in the Montreal area that I know about and in which I have shopped. One in on the west island; another is on the south shore, just off the Champlain Bridge. Get off the bride (it crosses over Nun's Island) and turn right. Wal-Mart is on your right hand side.

In Toronto, there are many Wal-Marts, but, as far as I know, none in the heart of downtown Toronto.

Same for ottawa. Can't say about Quebec City, but I would expect so, but, as in Toronto, only is the suburbs.

Costco can also be a bargain hunters's delight, but you need to buy a membership, which is about $45 Cdn, and you need to qualify for membership, which may or may not be easy.

There's a Costco close to downtown Montreal. In Toronto, they are on the outskirts of the main part of the city.

And, depending on what you are looking for, Winners is a chain of discount fashion stores that also sells some household items (knives, picture frames) and, ifyou can find it, excellent coffee and spaghetti sauce.

BAK

BAK

Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:29 PM
Heloisa

I´m travelling to Canada because it´s a beautiful country, with nice and friendly people. I won´t travelling to the USA this time. Robyn is right.
Where I live there isn´t K-Mart or Wal-Mart. There is similar store but they are better. They have different bargains.
DEAR BRIAN KILGORE: I´m thankful about your answer. I won´t have time to looking for these stores. You saved my time. I will have a good time. THANKS A LOT!!!

Jul 5th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Beth

I agree with Heloisa. I love a bargain too!