july in vancouver

Old Mar 18th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
july in vancouver

i've heard of whale watching tours, is it the right time of year,also any other ideas with two kids8&9. staying at fairmont waterside. thanks
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 03:25 PM

July is fine. Gray Line runs tons of local tours so their website will definitely be helpful-try www.graline.ca. Definitely take the kids to Granville Island - there's a "kids" market and a free waterpark for kids as well as lots for adults to see.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 03:26 PM

Sorry - that's www.grayline.ca. You'll see their busses everywhere.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 04:13 PM

Lots of things to do... for a day trip, drive to Horseshoe Bay (20 min. drive from your hotel, in good traffic), take the 20 min. ferry to Bowen Island and take a guided kayak tour - fabulous scenery, marine life, eagles, blue herons; check out www.bowenislandkayaking.com (not my company, I promise!). Drive to North Vancouver (another 20 min. car ride or hop the bus) and take the gondola ride to the top of Grouse Mountain - lots of planned activities other than enjoying the great view, hiking, etc. Go to www.grousemountain.com. Mmmmm... Stanley Park is easy for you to walk to along the newly expanded seawall - rent roller blades or bikes; the Park has a waterpark too. Take the seabus to Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver - a nice market and there's a waterpark there also (I think). There's a start... Have a wonderful trip. Cheers, Linda P.S. You mentioned whale watching tours - not around Vancouver, although they are certainly sighted. I'm not sure where the closest jump-off spot would be - Victoria? Robson Bight? I'd do a check in the search box above.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 05:19 PM

etk401, my kids are teens and I'm amnesiac about what I did with them in Vancouver, but you might also want to check out www.kidsvancouver.com for additional ideas. Cheers, Linda