Jet on fire at Toronto

Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Jet on fire at Toronto

CNN is reporting an Air France jet is on fire at Toronto airport.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:10 PM

There have been a few injuries but, from what I'm reading, no fatalities. Hope we've seen the worst of it. It must have been terrifying for the people involved.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:23 PM
P_M

I responded to this post on the Europe board, I will copy and paste that in case it's of any interest to this board. All I can say is thank God for miracles. Here's my post:

As some of you know, I was in a jet fire last year. Our plane caught fire on take-off and smoke filled the cabin. By the grace of God, everyone survived and escaped serious injury. Unlike this accident the fire on my plane was contained soon after we landed and the plane was not destroyed. But still, the whole experience was terrifying.

Today, just as I was leaving my office I saw that headline about this accident. I really thought from the headline that nobody survived, and this affected me deeply. I could barely drive home through the tears and nausea I felt. When I got home I immediately turned on the TV. When they said there were no fatalities, and I screamed out loud with joy. Still, my thoughts and prayers are with those who were on this plane. This is not something they will soon forget.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM

I just heard about this. Thank God there were no fatalities.

P_M, hugs to you.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:41 PM
P_M

Thank you, seetheworld, I needed that.
Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:43 PM

Things have calmed down here considerably since the crash. I live beside the airport and saw the fall-out.
The visibility was zero, so it was impossible to see the actual crash.
Hats off to the pilot for what seems to have been an outstanding landing in the middle of a thunderstorm. Lightening was probably a factor.
Emergency crews were on-sight in seconds and everyone was evacuated before the plane exploded.
The stench of burning rubber left in the air is horrible! Thank God everyone is okay. I still have faith in pilots and air crew.