Jasper Park Lodge: help with room choice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering specifically about those lakeview suites that are on the left side of the property (facing the lake). They look as if they'd be nice and private-- but what I'm concerned about is that they're next to the golf course. Other times when we've had accommodations near a golf course, we've been bothered by equipment noise early in the morning (grooming greens). Has anyone stayed in those rooms? Are they private and quiet? The other choice would be a juniior suite-- but they seem to be in "busier" sections of the property and we like the idea of being a bit "removed." Thanks for reading and replying!
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 07:14 AM

I don't think the golf course will be a factor with the lakeview suites at the JPL.
The eighteenth fairway is across the drive from the entries to the suites. The rooms are facing the lake.
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks lunabug.
I'm hoping to get more in-put abt the JPL room choice, i.e. whether to do a junior suite or spring for the suite. Actually, if I could be sure which has been more recently renovated, that'd be more impt than the size.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:22 PM

I have worked on the renovations at the JPL for many years. The lakeview rooms had a total renovation about six years ago. The junior suites had a partial renovation last year.

The lakeview, or 'Beauvert' sites are all newer (30? years) and the rest of the property is older (50? years)
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:31 PM

The even numbered suites - I think these are junior suites - have better views then the odd numbered ones - example 100 to about 118 compared to 101 to 119 or so.
The views from the lake view suites tend to be quite blocked by trees and the better view would likely be on the second floor. The ground floors open directly to the grassy area in front of the suites and the secon floor ones have a balcony.

Hope this helps