Is this now the Montreal Message board!

May 9th, 2002, 11:34 AM
S

Is this now the Montreal Message board!

Everybody suddenly wants to know about Montreal!

May 9th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Jeffrey

Yeah, 20 questions in a row about Montreal hotels in about an 18 minute period. That doesnt look suspicious at all, does it?

May 9th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Sherry

Actually, I think some "well meaning" person "topped" all those messages for someone else. I myself think that it would be easier to explain to a poster seeking info how to "search", rather than "top" each and every post for them. The odd one, okay, but 20 of them? Just my thoughts, not meant to aggravate anyone.

May 9th, 2002, 11:59 AM
ronald

Somebody did this on the US board with Memphis - supposedly to help a "friend" who could not figure out how to do a search. I think it is just another way to be a troll.

May 9th, 2002, 12:13 PM
hmnnn...

I think Sherry's right, but it never seems to work (on any of the Fodor's boards!) when you try to explain to people how to search. One person on the US board recently got impatient that her question hadn't been answered (in all of about an hour, it seems)so she kept reposting.Someone topped her posts and politely said, "you know, you don't have to keep doing this" She kept posting anyway, and got responses all over the place. Seems like a waste.

It really would be better if before you were able to post a new message, Fodor's put a small reminder checklist:
Have you listed the name of the city and province state or country in your message title?
Have you searched our board for similar questions and answers?
It might quell some of the nastiness that sometimes erupts here about the "right way" to post.