Reload this Page >

help with choice of montreal hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Hillary

I am planning a trip to Montreal in August with my husband and two kids. I've narrowed my choice of hotel down to these five mostly based upon my desire to have an affordable suite (so I can send the kids to bed early while I stay up late.) Would like to get feedback on any of the five. The Delta and Wyndham are quite a bit more expensive than the other three and I also wonder if they are worth the extra $100 a night. Another real concern is being very close to a subway stop because after a long day of touring, I don't want a long hike back from the stop to the hotel. Anyway, these are my five possibilities: <BR><BR>1. Hotel Du Fort<BR>2. Clarion Hotel & Suites<BR>3. Comfort Inn & Suites (Lincoln Avenue)<BR>4. Delta Montreal<BR>5. Wyndham

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:16 AM
Louis

All of these hotels are very close to a Metro Station. The Delta and the Wyndham are much nicer than the other 3. Worth $100 more? I personally don't think so.<BR>Of the remaining 3, I'd say that the Du Fort is the nicest one. The other 2 "suites" hotels are converted high-rise Apartment Buildings.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:41 PM
dini

Clarion Hotel is located on Crescent St where it's occupied mainly by bars and terraces. During the summer the noise level gets pretty high. That's the only reason I would not choose this hotel.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Hillary

Thank you, these responses were very helpful!!

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Colleen

Hillary,<BR>We are going to Montreal next week. I went to Priceline. I requested a three star for $50. We got the Wyndham-so didn't need to spend the $100 extra per night. If you are brave, you might try Priceline. Good luck! <BR><BR>P.S. I've used Priceline for Vancouver, Washington D.C., and New York City. All hotels were great!