Reload this Page >

HELP!!!!Which Victoria Hotel? Pick one.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Janie

We are travelling to BC with our 3 kids ages 10 13 and 16. Booking accomodations is quite the challenge with 5 of us, most places won't allow 5 in one room so we probably have to go with a suite. We have secured two hotel reservations. One at the Days Inn Inner Harbour, a room with two double beds and a cot with a guaranteed view of the harbour for $182 per night. The other choice is the Royal Scot which is not on the inner harbour but is a block or two away, a suite with a pull out Queen bed and a bedroom with 2 twin beds and a cot. $239 per night but has a full kitchen and No View. Question: Is better to stay on the Inner Harbour for the view? Also any suggestions for Whistler accomodations would be welcomed. I am so confused. Thanks.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Lin

The harbor's lovely....but I would opt for the most convenience, 'cause the amenities are important, not looking at some water and seaplanes! <BR><BR>Regarding Whistler - be very careful. Lots of places say they are a few minute walk from the shops and they are fibbing! Our inn (forgot the name) said it was a 5 minute walk, and it was closer to 15! We were angry, considering that one makes several daily trips to the shops and back...<BR>

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 09:41 PM
Coco

Hello Janie,<BR>Another hotel you may want to check out is the Admiral Innjust a stone's throw away from the Day's Inn. It is located near the Coho Ferry Terminal, but almost right on the water and within walking distance to everything at the Inner Harbor. This facility is a little quieter from the hubub of the I.H.<BR>Check out their website: info, pictures, rates. at:<BR>http://www.admiral.bc.ca/<BR>We have stayed here twice before, due to traveling with 2 pets. They have nice, comfortable suites and free parking.<BR>Good luck. Coco

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:43 PM
traveler

We stayed at the Royal Scott Inn two summers ago with our four kids, and it worked really well. It's a little "dated" in it's decor, but clean, and had tons of space for us. Although we couldn't see the harbour from our windows, it was a very short walk. We never even used our car while we were in Victoria, just walked everywhere we wanted to go. I hope this helps...enjoy your trip!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:31 PM
mary

Don't know about summer rates, but the Gatsby Mansion has at least one double-room accommodation, which might work for you. GREAT breakfasts. See what they have available. It's right on the harbor, walking distance to everything.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 06:57 AM
Cindy

We stayed at the Clarion Grand Pacific across from the ferry terminal with our children 7 and 11. We enjoyed it very much.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 01:13 PM
anna

We just came home from Victoria ourselves. Since there are five of you, take the Royal Scot with its kitchenette. It is only one thin block from the harbor. Plus, go up Menzies Street a few block to find a large grocery store. <BR>IMHO, if you stay at the Days Inn, your view will be of part of the ferry landing. We were perfectly happy one block back. As do others, it's very walkable - that one block to the harbor, one block to the Parliament Bldg., one more block to the great Provincial Museum, and just across from that is the famous Empress Hotel. Since you'll be out all day and half the evening, you won't miss the view.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 07:09 AM
Janie

Hi Anna,<BR>Thanks for the advise. I have cancelled the Days In and am looking forward to our stay at the Royal Scott.