Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever flown Aloha Airlines from Vancouver to HNL?

Nov 17th, 2002, 03:58 PM
stephie

I tried posting this on the American Board but didn't get any response. I'm interested to find out about this airline and what the service and planes are like. Is it a safe airline?

Nov 17th, 2002, 06:59 PM
gary

Aloha only started YVR - HNL service thisa summer and began YVR - OGG, (maui), service in November. The service is comperable to Alaska or America West Airlines, (i.e. satisfactory but not great), but there is absolutely no cause to worry about safety as they follow the strict FAA rules of Canada and the US. My son and his son are traveling Aloha to Mauii in December to meet us, (we're flying Air Canada), and if I had any cause to worry I would have insisted he go Air Canada for the extra $30 or so.

Nov 17th, 2002, 07:38 PM
stephie

Thanks!

Nov 18th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Barry

Isn't Aloha Airlines the one that had the top half of the fuselage rip off in mid-flight a few years ago, landing looking like a convertable?

Nov 19th, 2002, 06:15 AM
John

The only thing that might make me consider another airline is that I believe Aloha is using 737-700s or -800s on their YVR and SNA legs to the islands. The typical seating in these planes is very tight (in order to squeeze more passengers in) and that's a long time to be scrunched.