Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Search

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Although I know that our Canadian cousins might have already had their Thanksgiving Dinner Celebration I just want to wish all of you Happy Thanksgiving from Northern California.
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 09:24 PM

Hi Love Italy - Thank you!! I haven't chatted with you since we reminisced about you and your husband coming to Vancouver and dancing at the Roof in the Vancouver Hotel. Do you know that Dal Richards is still entertaining and I believe he is now 92 years old. We get to enjoy 2 Thanksgivings as we head south for the winter in early November so we always do American Thanksgiving as well. Good excuse for a turkey dinner!
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 05:37 AM

...... and thank you LoveItaly for your very warm wishes. From Northern Ontario where we are just about reaching peek colour change and a warm sunny weekend is continuing this day. A wonderful turkey dinner with apple and raisin dressing and fresh local cranberries is being prepared and we certainly do give Thanks for all this abundance. We are most fortunate. Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians from coast to coast.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 07:39 AM

Great holiday weekend here. A few showers, but intermixed with sunshine, coloured leaves, displays of seasonal vegetables,and the relaxation of a holiday whose only expectation is ...dinner.
And we had the dinner yesterday, so I have delicious leftovers (I'm one of those people who thinks hash is ambrosia) today.
I always feel sorry for Americans in the northern states--hard to imagine a harvest festival when the harvest is well over and there's probably been snow already.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM

We have had splendid weather here in Ontario.

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM

"Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians from coast to coast."

From us as well!! Happy turkey, or whatever dinner you choose to have today, with yourselves, family, or whomever!!

We (just the two of us) did a great-tasting ham & pea soup yesterday, and today it's meatloaf (filled with veggies, and even some bread (turkey) dressing!!), baked squash & apples, and rice. Some pumpkin 'pudding' for dessert.

Cheers, and good wishes!!
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM

Thank you LoveItaly. It's been a glorious weekend here in Southern Ontario. ( Although quite a change today.. much cooler and overcast).

I was lucky enough to have been invited out to 2 Thanksgiving turkey dinners. SO I celebrated Sat and Sunday, and I'm right now eating a turkey sandwich. I've eaten way too much!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all the other Canadians.
Nfldboethuk, good to see you.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM

Thanks, LoveItaly.
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 04:26 PM

Thank you from Vancouver!
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Oh Kodi, a turkey sandwich the day after the Thanksgiving dinner is a favorite for me so I can so relate.

I can't believe it but our weather has turned out to be around 99 degrees here in the Sacramento Valley (Northern CA) after a few weeks of gentle autumn weather.

Traveller69, Dal Richards is 92 years of age and still performing. That is unbelievable. As you know I so remember the times we danced to his music. Good wishes to you two that your have a lovely time down here in the US.

And Taggie, I so love your Vancouver.

Many good thoughts to all of you. My paternal grandfather was born and raised in your Maritime Islands and I hold all of you close to my heart.
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 11:12 AM

This is a bit late, but I would also like to wish all my Canadian friends a (belated) Happy Thanksgiving!

We just returned from our vacation in Banff, and had a lovely turkey dinner at the Sage Bistro in Canmore. Now that we are back in Florida, I'm looking forward to "our" Thanksgiving in November. nfldbeothuk - I agree with you, a harvest holiday in October is perfect.