Halifax Vehicle Storage & Good Movers

Nov 10th, 2002, 06:09 AM
klam

Halifax Vehicle Storage & Good Movers

Any idea of a company that would store a vehicle for about 3 months (other than U-Haul type places which cost about $130/mo). Just want to keep the snow off of it so it doesn't need to be totally enclosed, carport-type storage would be fine. Hoping to spend about $50/month.

Also, any recommendations for good local movers?

All suggestions really appreciated!

Nov 14th, 2002, 07:40 AM
curiousx

I have just noticed that AMJ Campbell Van Lines/Atlas Van Lines are offering double Aeroplan Miles (Air Canada) for moves made between December 1 2002 and February 28, 2003. Atlas operates in Halifax.

Nov 14th, 2002, 07:57 AM
klam

Thanx SO much for your reply; I knew there were some Halifax-people out there!

However, we'll be U-hauling ourselves so we just need an unload service to get the stuff from the truck into self-storage. Of course, when we return, we'd probably use the same company to move the stuff from the self-storage to where ever we happen to rent. The big co's don't do unload/load only...they want to truck it somewhere. Thanx again though.

Nov 14th, 2002, 01:58 PM
curiousx

Sorry to mislead you - I am not a Haligonian any more so can't give you up to date local scoop on movers. I just noticed the Aeroplan deal, however, and thought it fit in with your plans. Clearly not, though.

I am sure Bluenosers with more current info will come to your aid.

Nov 20th, 2002, 05:45 AM
klam

TTT
...anyone?

Nov 20th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Tanya

I called a couple of companies for you. Most are the $100 and over range for a unit that would hold contents for say a 2-bedroom unit. These places normally don't have a service to unload and reload for you. When I called they suggested hiring laborers. I can give you a couple of websites to check out. Sorry couldn't be or more help.

www.atyp.com/u-storeit
local moving company [email protected]
Abbey's Smart Move - 902-488-7771 (hourly rates available)
www.atyp.com/dawntildawn
www.halifaxtransfer.ns.ca

Nov 21st, 2002, 07:09 AM
klam

Tanya,
Thanx a mint for your help! I'll look into those links.

We've decided on self storage for our goods and your links prompted me to get on the phone and source out a mover, so that will be taken care of soon.

Still stuck on what to do with our car (other than self storage which is about $130/mo). Any ideas anyone?