Halifax nightlife

Search

Halifax nightlife

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halifax nightlife

Heading to Halifax on the first week of January. Any good pub/bar reccomendations for a university student type of crowd? Prefereably something famous in Halifax that everyone goes to. Also could you let me know if there's anything really cool happening in town that week if anyone knows. Thanks.
Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:48 AM

Hi, Halifax is 'university student crowd' heaven. There are several universities and colleges in a very small city. Many restaurant, bars and pubs are in the downtown core and largely cater to a young student crowd. Try the local weekly paper for more info - www.thecoast.ca
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 03:56 AM

Completely agree with above poster !!! This is a university town ..... Lots of pubs , bars , etc. Downtown is not big , so it's not hard to walk from one to another .
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 03:20 PM
BAK

Nova Scotia's laws regarding drinking are complicted.

There's one kind of bar that closes at some time or other. Then you move to someothr place, which is another kind of bar and it closes later. You have to leave, and then you go tothe third type of bar, which closes even later.

By now, it's almost breakfast time.

All in all, a fine own for young people. And old sailors, too.

BAK
Old Nov 26th, 2005, 04:01 AM

That bar rule new ...??? Lived downtown for 4 years ! Met my sailor hubby at the " liquer dome " . Hmmm..... guess that says it all !! Saturday afternoon at Peddler's Pub , then move down to Lower Deck , Middle Deck and Upper Deck . After that head to " The Liquer Dome " AKA , My Apartment , Laurence of Oreganos , and Cheer's ..... THEN , if your brave , head up the hill opposite the Citadel to "The Palace" !!!! Ha !!! Is my age showing !!?? lol , lol .