Good eats in Whistler

Nov 23rd, 2002, 04:52 AM
Waverley

Good eats in Whistler

I read the excellelent and detailed review from Vancouver magazine that somebody was kind enought to post a reference to here. I have that printed out. Is there anyone here with any personal recommendations for not too fancy but good restaurants there. Thanks in advance

Nov 23rd, 2002, 06:07 PM
noname

If it is the same article I read it mentioned Caramba Restaurant which I would recommend. Good food, lively atmosphere and reasonably priced. The fresh calamari starter sauteed in olive oil and herbs was very nice, pizza's were crisp and slightly smokey from the wood oven, pasta's were nicely done and meats grilled on the spit were tasty.

Nov 23rd, 2002, 07:36 PM
A.M.

Both Umberto's are very good, they are fairly expensive, tho. On the less expensive side there is an Earls, the Spagetti Factory and an Irish pub by the Pan Pacific. There are so many good restaurants in Whistler, it is difficult to choose.

Nov 25th, 2002, 09:00 AM
waverley

Thanks for the suggestions, noname and A. M.
Anyone else?

Nov 26th, 2002, 09:35 AM
WhistlerAl

as a Whistler local, I can highly recommend Sushi Village, The Dubhlinn Gate Pub, Zueski's Taverna, Thai One On, The Keg, and La Bocca. These are just a few of the many great restaurants here. For more expensive fare, Trattoria, Val de Sere, Araxi's,& La Rua. Have a great visit.. Cheers, Al

Dec 2nd, 2002, 04:21 AM
Waverley

Thanks WhistlerAL, looking forward to trying your recommendations.

Jan 1st, 2003, 08:50 AM
Kris

Any recommendations for a condo in the village for a family of 6 adults for the month of August? e would nee three bedrooms. Thanks