Fly fishing- Jasper and Yoho.

Jun 20th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Fly fishing- Jasper and Yoho.

We will be flying into Edmonton and staying 1 night at the Union Bank Hotel and then driving to Jasper to stay 4 nights at an Alpine Village cabin - wondering if anyone can recommend some nice short drives that will get us close to some nice rivers for fly fishing, we then travel to YoHo and stay at the Cathedral Mountain Lodge for 4 evenings (looks quite decadent- member of Unique Inns of which we have stayed at other inns of this distinction in Oregon and Washington and have been more than pleased). Again, would like to fish a nice river relatively close by ( within 1 hr drive). We still need to book last night in Calgary - leaning towards an airport motel - suggetsions ( Hampton Inn??)- hope to the see sights as well as fish...one good day of fishing at each respective place, one good day of hiking, one day of sightseeing, fishing and hiking... I;nm feeling very lucky- this will be in September 9- 19 ... Thanks for info
Jun 21st, 2006, 07:17 AM

I can't suggest any good fishing spots, but just thought I would mention that if you are fishing within the National Park, you will need a special National Parks fishing license, and if you are fishing outside the Parks, you will need a Provincial fishing license. The fishing regulations within the National Park can be quite restrictive. There are only a few species of fish you are allowed to keep and I believe the daily limit is 2 for trout. Have fun on your trip.
Jun 21st, 2006, 07:38 AM

Look at www.inozo.com/sports/?ct_id=45" Canada Fishing , there are 80 different offers about fishing in Alberta and BC

Jun 23rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the responses.
Jun 24th, 2006, 09:42 PM

Good locations for Fly fishing are Medicine Lake and Maligne Lake (the best spots are at the very end of the lake and you have to rent a boat to reach the spots) in Jasper NP.