Reload this Page >

Flights to Europe from Pearson?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:49 AM
wantto

we are hoping to fly to Barcelona or to Malaga in the fall. Do you know which airlines fly there or suggestions how to best go the cheapest way? Via another European city? Which airline? We are seniors and this is our first trip to Europe so not sure how to get there. We dont have much money either.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Gavin

Air Canada flys YYZ to Madrid 5 times per week. From Madrid you would take AC partner Spanair to BCN or Malaga. I think there may be a European charter outfit that flys YYZ to Malaga. You could check out BA, I am sure they could get you there with a change in London.<BR><BR>Probably the least expensive way would be to fly Air Transat to Gatwick then take a discount carrier to Spain. This would likely involve an airport change in London. It would be risky since you are buying you tickets as separate transactions. For example if your flight form Spain to London is late or you take too long to change airports and you miss your conection it is not AT's responsibility to put you on their next flight...which might be in a week.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:55 AM
canuck

Anyone know if it would be more financially advantageous to fly to Europe from Toronto or go to Detroit or Buffalo? Would there be more choice leaving from US and better airprices?

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Jim Rosenberg

There is no &quot;one size fits all&quot; answer to what is the best and cheapest way to get to Europe because fares change constantly. In general, it is too early to find truly competitive fares for the fall. I would suggest that you get a feel for the market by setting up a fare watcher on www.travelocity.com and monitor five different itineraries, as a start. As for going through another European city, you will likely be required to do that for the two destination cities that you cite. <BR><BR>Finally, if you are not experienced at making travel arrangements, you might want to seriously consider using a travel agent. You need to find one that is sensitive to your budget and interested in serving the type of customer that you are.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:25 AM
wantto

Thanks for info. Can you tell me when it would be the best time to book if we are going in September?

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:35 AM
wanttotravel

Can you also tell me how much luaggage I can take, is there food served, what about movies or individual screen? Should I bring my own food? Is there possibilty to be bumped to the first class?<BR>How to not sit next to some fat and stinky Amrican?<BR>Should I arrive at least one hour before departure? <BR>Is there some fee I have to pay at the airport?<BR><BR>How much should I expect to pay for my tickets? Is it possibel to pay cash or only credit card.<BR>How many restooms are on the plane?<BR>Should I bring all my stuff with me or do I have to check-in?<BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:18 PM
conquestador

Try CometPlus a spanish charter airline now flying To to Malaga direct.