Fireworks?

Jun 18th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Fireworks?

Greetings!

I have finally decided on an itinerary for my short trip to NS in early July. We will be spending two nights in Halifax and are trying to decide which hotel seems best suited.

Does anyone know if there will be fireworks displays over the Citadel/city on either July 4th or 5th? Then, which hotel has the best viewing?

Thank you for any information.

Jun 18th, 2003, 08:18 PM

Hi:

Definately will be fireworks all over Canada on July 1st but unsure as to why there would be any in Halifax on July 4th or 5th.

Z
Jun 18th, 2003, 08:51 PM

July 4th & 5th are a normal friday and saturday in Canada this year. We celebrate our National holiday on July 1st and most places have some form of patriotic fireworks and/or festive events . But perhaps there is something I'm missing here. does anyone else know why someone would expect fireworks in Halifax on July 4th or 5th?
Jun 19th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Hi Gary,

While getting maps at my local AAA office, the man helping me said that besides celebrations on July 1st, there would also be celebrations on the 4th (I was a bit suspicious since it is an American celebration and I'm going to Canada!).

He said he played in a drum & fife club and had been to Halifax many times for great gatherings of music and that July 1-5 were very active.

I just thought I'd check you guys before I made the final reservations. I'm thinking of booking us at the Lord Nelson. Any comments? I can't get us into Halliburton.

Jun 19th, 2003, 06:31 AM

Dear 4 rhodes,I don't think there would be any fireworks during the period in question. Unless it had something to do With The Nova Scotia Tattoo going on at that time. It would make sense if your friend plays with a Fife & drum corp. As for reservations try the Delta Barrington also its quite nice..
Jun 19th, 2003, 09:12 AM

I love the Lord Nelson. Ask for a suite room whihc includes a king bed, microwave, mini fridge, couch, etc. Wonderfully decorated, but beware bathrom is very small, with shower only. The King Arms Pub in the Lord Nelson has great breakfasts and atmosphere. Not to mention that you are steps away from the Public gardens, shops, cinemas, and restuarants. Enjoy !