Search

Ferry to Nova Scotia from Boston

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferry to Nova Scotia from Boston

Hi there,

I'm starting to read up on ways to get to Nova Scotia from Boston. I know that the CAT ferry stopped running a couple years ago but was wondering if any other folks from New England have found another ferry/cruise service that they have used to get up to NS? I would prefer this opposed to making the long drive and flights are absurd (~700) for a 1.5 hour trip.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 06:00 AM

Hi quebec,

Driving to St. John New Brunswick and taking the ferry across to Digby is the only way I know; still it's quite a drive from Boston and will only cut off a few hours of driving. There are from time to time cruises that go up to the Maritimes (probably more expensive than flying though). It's too bad that fast ferry is no longer around (although I've seen mention here that it might be reinstated, don't know anything about that though...).

Best wishes, Daniel
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 06:49 AM

Hello there! I'm actually thinking about going to Nova Scotia with my husband for 5 days/4 nights in September. What is the quickest way to get there? We will either drive all the way there or drive somewhere and take the ferry. Thanks.