Reload this Page >

Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Barbara

Would love any input on this hotel as we have booked it for the end of October. we are taking the train to Quebec City and thought it would be convenient to stay at this hotel.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Lois

This hotel has possibly the best location in Montreal. The new boutique hotels in the old city are all very well, but when it comes to getting to know the city/shopping/social "scene", the Queen E is much more convenient. It was built in the 50's, and has as much charm as a 1,000-room convention hotel could possibly have; fortunately it has been nicely renovated. Make sure you bug them for one of their better rooms, with a nice view up McGill College Ave. You will not regret staying there.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Gavin

The QE is certainly handy for train travel as the station is essentially in the basement of the hotel. There is an elevator between the lobby and the food area adjacent to the station. Lots of good spots to pick a quick bite for breakfast or to take on the train here. Proximity to the station was a major reason why we stayed there recently and it was handy for that. It's in a reasonably good location. We found that a transit pass was very handy. The hotel is big and busy. If having a quick chat with the desk staff on your way in and out is important this is not the place for you. The staff whom we dealt with were friendly and efficient. Our room was not large but it was fine for the two of us. The pool and gym looked nice but we got our exercise walking around the city. Somebody (not us) charged a meal to our room. This was cleared up without fuss. <BR><BR>I hope this helps.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Sherry

I like the Queen E, but would recommend the Gold Floor. All rooms were just redone. I prefer the personalized service, as one previous poster mentioned, this is a large hotel. The service is still very good, just a lot of people coming and going. So I like the private check in etc that the Gold Floor offers. Check their website for specials, CAA rates, bed and breakfast packages etc. I havent stayed in a regular room in a long time so I cant help you there. Location wise it is your best bet for taking the train. It is also close to the subway, or a short cab ride to wherever you want to be downtown.<BR>PS save the money from the Via Rail first class and use it toward the Gold Floor room!

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:33 PM
al

ditto what others have said. Do try to get a "better" or larger room as rooom sizes can vary. Nevertheless, rooms are generally fine regardless of size.