Emerald Lake or Jofre Lake?

Jun 26th, 2018, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Emerald Lake or Jofre Lake?

Hi,
Getting a lot of great info for our upcoming trip (mom and two girls 12, 15). We are beginning hikers! Knowing this, if you were to choose between the hike to Emerald Lake or the hike to Joffre Lake for a day trip from Vancouver, which would you choose? We are all in good shape but are still looking for easy/moderate in terms of hiking. Also, are there any tour companies that do these day trips as a guided hike that you would recommend? We won't have a car on this trip (but could rent one for the day) but since we don't know the area at all, would prefer a tour/guide.
Thanks!!
Jun 26th, 2018, 12:40 PM

The only Emerald Lake that comes to mind for me is the one over in the Yoho area (Canadian Rockies). That is most definitely not a day trip from Vancouver, if that's the one you mean. I haven't done Jofre Lake on my visits to the area; it looks beautiful but it is a drive. Are you ok with a 5-hour round trip?
Jul 1st, 2018, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Yes! And I found a bus tour that does this from Vancouver so I'l definitely post the experience when it's done to share with other Fodorites. Thanks!
Jul 2nd, 2018, 04:22 AM

That's wonderful! I'll look forward to reading your trip report. Enjoy this beautiful area!
Jul 3rd, 2018, 02:13 PM

Joffre Lake for sure! You can also go to whisler which is a great place to hike and sightsee as well. It is also wellknown for the skiing site in winter!

Search this Thread