driving from Boston to Quebec

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be driving from the Boston area up to Quebec with 2 teenagers this summer.
Any suggestions on the best route, things to see along the way and places to stop.
Would it make sense to try to go to Montreal, too?
We will probably have around 5 days.
Thank you for any suggestions.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 07:11 AM

Fastest route: I-93 to I-91, which becomes Autoroute 55 to Autoroute 20.

If you feel adventurous, like road trips, and don't mind long drive time, you can go up I-95 to Maine, then US201, which becomes Highway 173 and then Autoroute 73.

You can do Montreal as well in 5 days - just more driving. Depends on your interest.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 07:36 AM

Do not miss Montreal. Its a gorgeous city.

Bea
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

How long does it take to get from one city to the other? (Quebec to Montreal) Would I have to back track to get home, or would I return a different way?
I guess I need to look at a map, but any thoughts would be appreciated.
As for interests, we would really be open to all. I like to mix things up, spend some time doing historical things, museums, etc., some just walking and some shopping, some out door active things.
Pretty much want to cover the "must do" while there. Mostly just trying to come up with a summer break with my daughter.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Quebec City to Montreal is 3 hours. And you need to get a map and look at it. Or use a mapping site like Mapquest.com or maps.google.com to look up your routes. It'll make a lot sense when you look at it.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 08:03 AM

cpeicott - we love Montreal, but do not have teens. Personally, I think teens would enjoy Montreal over Quebec City, but we are going to both this summer again as well.If you are in Quebec City soon, it is the summer festival. In Montreal - If they are walkers, walking up Mount Royal is a nice trek and the view is great. Chateau Ramzey in Old Port area is a small historical museum we enjoy. It is near Bon Secour Market (indoor shopping) and lots of restaurants all around. There is a large pedestrian street called Place Jacxques-Cartier lined with restos and outdoor artists and vendors. Teens should like. see this webcam site www.montrealcam.com/en-placecartier.html
also St. Laurent upscale boutiques and restos and St. Catherine - all kinds of shops - sometimes outside street sales.
Hope this helps.