Reload this Page >

Drive from New York to Montreal?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Michele

Hello,<BR><BR>My family is thinking of a week-long vacation in Quebec (Montreal/Quebec City) this October. I have never been to the Northeast US and would like to visit NYC as well (thinking of flying in and out of there from San Diego). <BR><BR>How long is the drive from New York City to Montreal? Would we be better off flying into a different US city (using FF miles, so we have to fly into a US city)?<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR>Michele<BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Dan

Well the driving distance from NYC to Montreal is about 6 hours give or take some time for traffic. Once you are in MTL, the drive north to Quebec City is about 3 hours. I don't exactly understand why flying into a different US city would make a difference.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Louis

Drive from NYC to Montreal is about 7 hours. Montreal is also 5 hours away from Boston. Closest US city with airport would be Burlington, Vermont, 90 minutes away.<BR><BR>Just interested: why can't you fly into Canada with your FF miles? We go to the US often on FF miles from Montreal.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Michele

Thank you!<BR><BR>Now that I look into it, I think the FF miles cover US to Canada. So perhaps we should just fly into Montreal! If we do choose that route, should we rent a car or travel via train to Quebec city?<BR><BR>Michele<BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Louis

Michelle:<BR>My choice would be to drive to Quebec City. Faster and more flexible. Plus, you'll find that renting a car in Montreal is very cheap ($US 30/day).

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 03:05 AM
paul

The drive from NY-Montreal is about 6.5-7hrs depending on traffic and weather. Easiest would be to fly into Newark, then drive straight up the Garden State Parkway and NY Thruway.<BR><BR>Whether to drive or train from Montreal to Quebec depends on how long you'll be in Quebec. More than a day or two and you'll probably want a car to explore outside the city itself. The drive from Montreal to Quebec is roughly 3.5 hours.