Dinner aboard the Bateau Mouche in Montreal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, everyone. I so enjoy all the travel tips I've read from Montrealers themselves. Thank you.

I was wondering if the dinner cruise aboard the Bateau Mouche was worth taking? We will be honeymooning in August and want to take advantage of every romantic thing there is to do.

Does this fit the bill?

Also, I'm reading here that the cruise is 3.5 hours long. This sounds like a long time. Will we be begging to get off, or wishing it would never end?

My husband will just die if he has to sit still for that long. Is there dancing? What is the attire at nighttime? Should we dress up?

Thanks for all your help. After reading all the tips, I wish I could be an advisor on where I am from. Unfortunately, no one cares to visit Northern Louisiana. South Louisiana gets all the attention!

Old Feb 20th, 2007, 04:35 AM

Hi drangiefay,

I don't recall anybody dancing on the Bateau Mouche, but there is dancing on the AML Cruise even though it might be somewhat less romantic.

http://www.croisieresaml.com/init.html?S=0&L=En

Have a wonderful honeymoon.

JQ
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 01:37 AM

Ooh, I am so glad that there is a thread here on Fodor's about the Bateau Mouche. Is it true that the river tours end in mid-October? Your replies will guide me in deciding whether to visit Montreal (and Quebec City if I have time) in mid- to late September or in mid-October. I really don't want to miss the Bateau Mouche tour.
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 04:04 AM

Their website says the Bateau Mouche runs through mid-October. There is a toll free number you might consider calling as you firm up your plans.

http://www.bateaumouche.ca/eng/index.htm

JQ
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 05:49 PM

JQ -- I know your post was meant for drangiefay, but thank you also! I will miss the Bateau Mouche this time around, as my trip will begin October 19. However, next year: I'm going back to Montreal in either late spring or early fall.

Gogoboots99
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 05:53 PM

Drangiefay -- Have a sublimely romantic honeymoon! Yesterday, a co-worker who found out I am going to Montreal told me, "Montreal is a very sexy city." She added that I will have a great time. Well, I will not be having THAT kind of a good time (heh-heh), but her info has persuaded me to rethink my wardrobe for the trip.

Congrats on your wedding, and have a happy honeymoon!

Gogoboots99